Local organisations are now invited to apply for the 2018 Stronger Communities Programme.
The programme aims to improve local community participation and contribute to vibrant and viable communities. The key aspects of the programme are as follows:
- Grants between $2,500 and $20,000 are available to fund a total of $150,000 or 20 projects per federal electorate.
- Eligible types of projects include but are not limited to installation of equipment, building works, purchase of equipment and more.
- The following entities who have an ABN are eligible to apply:
- Local governments
- Incorporated not-for-profit organisations
- Trustees on behalf of a property trust with responsibility for a community asset.
- Grant funding will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project costs. Applicants must match funding for the project, in cash or in-kind and should schedule to complete the project by 30 June 2019.
- If more than 20 applications or the value of grants applied for in total exceeds $150,000 a local community consultation committee will select those to progress based on merit.
The first stage of the application process is to identity your project and complete the survey form below by 5pm Friday, 24 August.
Alternatively you can request a paper form by emailing [email protected]
Projects approved by the local community consultation committee will then be invited to submit a more detailed application to be assessed by the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science. The closing date for this stage of the application process will be Thursday, 11 October.
More information about the grant program and the types of projects funded can be found by clicking here.
*Please note only organisations based in the federal electorate of Oxley are eligible to apply through this portal. Please contact your local Federal MP if you reside outside the electorate for instructions on how to apply.